Monday, January 2, 2012

It's Gonna be a Happy New Year!

Happy 2012, everyone!

Josh and I spent a long weekend in Tampa with my family, celebrating a belated Christmas. We had a wonderful, relaxing time. I've been off work for 5 days and while I love my job, I am not looking forward to the alarm tomorrow.

Seeing as how it's 2012 already, I wanted to write down some goals for the new year. I don't like the term "resolutions" because those always get broken. So these aren't my resolutions, these are just some habits I'd like to start (and some I'd like to stop).

1. Stop biting my nails. I have tried this multiple times and sometimes it lasts for a few weeks. But I always end up biting them again! I've tried having acrylic nails put on to help break the habit, but as soon as I get them taken off, I go back to biting. Part of my problem is that usually I don't even notice I'm biting them until I've already bitten half of them. Anyone have any suggestions on how to stop completely?

2. Eat Healthier: The reality is we don't eat that badly. I don't buy a lot of snacks or premade meals, mostly because of our budget. But I do cook a lot of pasta and I love cheese. And if there's a dessert around, I will eat it. I want to start eating more fresh fruits & vegetables and less sugar. I found a local organic produce company that sells huge bags of produce for $33 a week. I'd like to start doing this, because having all that fresh produce around will hopefully force me to eat more of it. I also need some healthy recipe ideas, so please share!

3. Quality Time with God Daily: I'm stealing this explanation from Whitney's (one of my favorite blogs that I follow!) because she said it so well: "Spend quality time in the Word each day and to nurture an ever growing and maturing prayer life."  Amen.

4. Explore Jacksonville: Josh and I are pretty conservative and unadventerous. We have routines and we usually don't explore outside of them. This year I want to see some new things! There are multiple parks, historic sites, and cool things to do in Jax. I want to try some of them this year. If you are a local and have some recommendations, please share!

That's it. I'm keeping it pretty basic in hopes that it will help me actually follow through! And I'm hoping that by sharing these with you, I'll have some more accountability to stick to my goals.

2 comments:

  1. These are great...I could probably do all of these too...definitely want to have daily conversations with the Him too! Heading over to check out Whitney's blog...she sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound like great goals - doable yet still reaching!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language! Thanks for sharing :)