Thursday, January 26, 2012

What It Means

When I first started this blog, it was shortly after Josh and I were married. I knew that being married was going to be a whole new adventure, and I wanted to start a blog to chronicle the moments. I've always loved writing, and had often contemplated blogging, and being a newlywed seemed like a great time to start. I originally named my blog "Life as Josh's Wife" and wrote one post (you can still read it, way back here).

I had great intentions and not so much committment. Life took over and my one and only post stayed there with no visitors.

One day I was driving and heard Andrew Peterson's song Dancing In The Mine Fields on the radio, and I loved it. I love folk music, and I love Andrew Peterson, and this song is a perfect example of why. As I listened to it in the car, I was touched by what a perfect analogy for marriage it is.


Not just marriage, but faith, and friendships, and everything else.

If I've learned one thing in my twenty-something years, it's that life isn't easy at all. There are so many mines around. So many ways that we can be caught off guard and all our plans and best intentions can be blown up.

The other thing I've learned is that we're never alone; even at the hardest, darkest times, God is with us. And that's what I want to learn to embrace. I want to dance through life--embracing the good parts, without fear or anxiety over the mines.

So when I was inspired to start blogging again, I knew that's where I wanted my focus to be--finding the joy among the mines of everyday life.





5 comments:

  1. I love this, and I agree. I always hope my blog is an honest look into walking Christianity--good, bad and indifferent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard this song before now, but I love it! Great name for a blog and it's very true about life and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stumbled on this song after I stumbled on the meatloaf and have to tell you the song really touched me! But Im looking at it from way down the road! I was 19 when married, he was 21, We made it to 26 years married and he's been gone 12 and that song hit the nail on the head! There were lots of trials, but FAITH(Forsaking All I Trust Him) pulled me through alot of things! We were so close all the time and you still dont realize what you have till its gone! He had lots of health problems, I got the gray hair! I'll take the gray hair! Thanks again, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just listened to the song - wow. I absolutely love it. Just beautiful. God is good _ all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire you for not giving up with your blog. I did/do the same thing and need to get to bloging right now. I have a blog site the address is: http://teatimewithginger.blogspot.com/ Please come visit me one day. I am so glad you are having a wee little one. Keep us updated on how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language! Thanks for sharing :)