Saturday, January 7, 2012

Thirty before Thirty

 As of writing this post, I have exactly:









 
until I turn thirty.

I have to keep checking the math in my head. Wait, thirty? Are you sure? Didn't I just turn 21?

Didn't I just turn 3 and get an awesome Rainbow Brite tricycle?

I'm not really stressing it, though. I don't feel that old and everyone says their thirties are better than their twenties, anyway.

Before I reach this milestone though, there are some things I would like to check off my bucket list. Things I have been talking about or thinking about and haven't done yet. Turning 30 gives me a date to countdown to. Like I said yesterday, I work better under pressure, so instead of giving myself the rest of my life to complete these, I'm hoping that giving myself a cutoff makes me more productive.


1. Read the entire New Testament
2. Take the ferry to Cumberland Island
3. Be pregnant (or trying)
4. Cook an intimidating recipe from Julia Child's cook book
5. Get my director's credential
6. Watch a Jax Beach sunrise
7. Lose 30 pounds
8. Sew a skirt I can wear in public
9. Pick our own fruit at a U-Pick-It Farm
10. Find a skin care regimen and stick to it!
11. Make bread from scratch
12. Go to a Gator home game
13. Go out of the country
14. Get a makeover & buy some of what is recommended
15. Grow out my nails & get a manicure
16. Give up soda
17. Make another quilt
18. Stay in a quaint bed & breakfast with Josh
19. Cut my hair & donate it to Locks of Love
20. Back up the photos on my computer
 21. Complete photo books for our honeymoon & first year of marriage
22. Run a mile
23. Save more than I spend at the grocery store
24. Go on a road trip with Josh
25. Have a significant amount of money in savings
26. Make authentic Pad Thai from scratch
27. Be a Vegan for a week
28. Reupholster a piece of furniture
29. Find a type of fish I like & learn to cook it
30. Play in the snow

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    To help you with your running goal, check out the Couch to 5K. (There's an app) It starts off pretty easy with a 30 minute work out that alternates between a 1 minute jog and a 1 1/12 minute walk. It uses your own music and just cues you when to jog and walk. If you follow the program, it gets you to do a 5k (3.1 miles) at the end of 9 weeks. I was not a runner AT ALL and now I have done 2 half marathons and a full marathon. (I'm not paid or anything by them, I just really believe in it!)

    I'll be following you to see how you do on your goals!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language! Thanks for sharing :)