Monday, January 30, 2012

Today was Definitely a Monday

This morning, at a ridiculously early hour, I dropped my beloved iPhone in the toilet.

I know, I know. I knew better than that.

Really, I was only trying to put my contacts in. I had just gotten out of bed, and went to put my contacts in so I could make a pot of coffee. I wasn't even going to the bathroom. So don't even ask my five-thirty-on-a-Monday-morning brain how exactly the phone got in the toilet. I haven't the slightest idea.

Here's what I know. The internet is filled with stories of water logged iPhones being resuscitated by drying out in a bag of rice. It worked for my friend Lindsey just last week (and yes, I wish I had learned from her mistake!) My superhero dad is also sending me a magical bag that is supposed to dry out wet cell phones. So, I'm holding on to hope that my sweet iPhone will be saved.

In the meantime, I feel horribly wonderfully weirdly disconnected. I keep unconsciously reaching for my phone to check the time, check my email, text my husband, play a quick game of Scramble with Friends... it's unbelievable how much I have to come to rely on that thing. Even as I was making dinner this evening, I kept have minor panic attacks of where-is-my-phone-I-think-I-just-heard-it-vibrate-maybe-I-have-a-new-alert-on-Facebook.

Maybe this is a good thing. (Maybe I'm just trying to prepare myself for the chance that it isn't saved by the rice and the magic bag). When I got home from work, I miraculously cleaned the bathroom--something I usually save for a day off--instead of playing a few hundred rounds of Temple Run.

While I'm open to the idea that being disconnected isn't so terribly terrible, and maybe God is showing me something here, I'd still appreciate you sending warm, dry thoughts in the direction of my phone!

5 comments:

  1. You are hysterical!! your poor phone..... I hope it dries out for you! and what is Scramble??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scramble with Friends...it's like Boggle! So much fun! Once my phone is working again, we'll have to start a game :)

      Delete
  2. My phone went through the whole wash cycle. It wasn't quite right for a while but eventually started working fine. I used the rice, too. It wasn't an iphone though. A month later my husband's Iphone went for a dip in the toilet. But it never recovered (sorry). He was o.k. with that though because he was glad to get upgraded to the new one! HA! Expensive dunk though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazingly enough, mine survived!! I turned it on Wednesday night and it works fine. I'm so impressed :)

      Delete

Comments are my love language! Thanks for sharing :)