Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Weekend Fun

I had a wonderful time this weekend in Lakeland hanging out with the girls.

First I got to ride down there with this adorable boy:



I don't particuarly like long car trips but having a cute companion makes it so much better! And his mom Lindsey provided good company, too.

We spent a lot of our weekend just hanging out and playing with adorable babies. These two are so stinking cute!



Saturday morning, my friend Sam and I took the boys for a walk around one of the many local lakes while Lindsey ran her butt off. It was a beautiful morning and really nice to get out and get some fresh air! I think Emmett & Myles really enjoyed themselves, too.


That afternoon, we headed to a local favorite: Mister Fish. It's one of those places that I would be a little scared to eat at unless I knew someone who had tried it first--and I'm so glad I did! The fried shrimp and sweet potato tots were to die for. We took our food down to another local lake for a picnic.


It was so refreshing to spend time with these ladies. They are some of my favorite people in the world and I love getting to spend time with them!

One of my favorite parts about "growing up" is watching my dear friends become mothers and love their children. It's so much fun for me to watch these moms and their boys.


 They are both such good moms and I am storing up so much knowledge from them for when I have my own little one! In the meantime, though, I just know that I am Myles' and Emmett's favorite aunt.


While I was hanging out the girls (and their little boys!) this is what my dear husband was doing:

Babysitting our sweet niece Emma!
Please excuse the poor image quality--I think he was a tad bit overwhelmed! This was Josh's first one-on-one time with Emma, and he loved every minute of it. That isn't the best picture of her--she is actually gorgeous!



That, my friends, was my much needed weekend of relaxation and fun! Now we're already almost halfway through another week, and I am ready for another vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are my love language! Thanks for sharing :)