Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day: Mutual Weirdness

When I was young and single, I always thought I'd want a big show for Valentine's Day--flowers and hearts and chocolate (oh my!) Now that I'm old and married, I appreciate simplicity. My gift from Josh consisted of potted Mums (beautiful--and his to take care of, since I do not have a green thumb!), a funny yet sweet card, and two bags of my favorite chocolate. I was completely satisfied.

I am such a fan of this quote, because I think it sums us up perfectly:


That's just so us. Some of our weirdness, both individual and mutual:
  • I eat Skittles and M&M's by color (all the reds, all the oranges, all the greens...)
  • Josh likes mustard instead of mayonnaise in his tuna salad.
  • We both stick out tongues out just a little bit when we are concentrating on something.
  • He is most ticklish on his lips (I think it's so much fun to touch them and drive him crazy!)
  • One of my favorite foods is a liverwurst sandwich on rye with bread & butter pickles.
  • I hate pedicures--mostly because it tickles so much!
  • Neither one of us are huge TV watchers, but we do both enjoy shows like "Antiques Roadshow" and documentaries. 
I don't think you can ask for much more in life than to find someone who loves you despite (or, really, because of) your idiosyncrasies. I love knowing that I can truly be myself--liverwurst breath and all--around Josh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are my love language! Thanks for sharing :)