Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve!

While tomorrow might be the "big day," Christmas Eve feels like a holiday in and of itself to me.

I grew up with Santa coming on Christmas Eve, opening presents late into the night, and sleeping by the fireplace. Christmas Eve was (and is) just as important to me as Christmas Day.

This morning, Josh & I opened our stockings and ate a yummy Crockpot Breakfast Casserole. Our puppies got to open their stocking too, and loved their new toys...


June's favorite thing in the world is chewing, so she got a new Nylabone that should (hopefully) last her while.


 Both girls got new stuffed toys too, which will probably survive for about 24 hours before being reduced to a piece of fabric. But it's Christmas, so if they want to rip all the stuffing out of their toys, it's okay by me.

This afternoon, we will head to the Christmas Eve service at our church, where I am looking forward to singing Christmas carols and reflecting on the birth of our Savior.

Hope everyone is enjoying Christmas Eve as much as we are here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are my love language! Thanks for sharing :)